Setting Up Your Home Environment
Home Environment Plan
1. store toys out of reach (high shelves & cabinets)
- basement, living room, kitchen & bedroom
2. cover toys and distracting items
move other home items so they are out of reach:
- DVDs and DVD payer
3. make sure there are pictures available to child of desired items
4. designate snack/eating area
5. designate work areas
- basement: if you want to put a work area in the basement, you will need to create a closed off space. you can use screens
6. Consider Nicholas' need for physical boundaries. I am not suggesting you buy the specific items below. They are examples..
7. Designate place where Nicholas can hang his jacket and book bag and book bag when he arrives home.